12 November 2010

More about curved ramps

Here’s a little tip about curved ramps.
I’ve been discussing with my co-worker that one can create a curved ramp even though the width varies and even with an irregular form. The trick here is to do the basic modeling of the curved ramp using a constant width say for example 5000 mm. Important to know is that the Run you sketch along the path of the ramp is the average centerline of the model. After you adjust all the properties of the ramp and you are satisfied with the initial modeling, you can go ahead with using Modify: Ramps>Edit Sketch. You can now edit the form of the ramp (outside bounds), presto … a new curved ramp with an irregular shape.


Feel free to contact me if you have any problems about creating a curved ramp. Of course, any suggestion is always welcome. Happy curved ramp modeling.

1 comment:

  1. its not working for me, the "entrance" of my ramp has 2 curved elements, then its straight all the way to the top. I've edited it and nothing works.
    The ramp viewed from the top looks like this:
    ___
    )_(.

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks

    ReplyDelete